CLS55 Bent Rims

A dealer told my friend all four rims on his 2006 CLS55 were bent. How likely is this to happen in normal driving?
I have a C32 and have driven mine on less than perfect roads in Boston,
Houston, I-10 through Louisiana, Mississippi and Florida and never a problem in 4 years. Seems unlikely to me that he bent them under normal driving conditions. Have any of you experienced this?

Underinflated tires?

speed enough at speed bumps?
Me wrote:

go over a speed bump or pot hole fast. However, in certain situations you can't go slow. An uneven connection in the interstate is a situation where you can't go 5mph.
Just like the glass and computer chips in the cars are engineered and built to withstand the rigors they face in a car. If they knew they were going to use very low profile tires on a relatively heavy car, wouldn't they engineer a rim to withstand the rigors of normal driving conditions. Most carmakers do. I didn't think they were bent but that this was a dealer trying to make a fast buck. Sounds like other owners have heard of this though?!
1) Get a second opinion.
2) Rims are cheap on ebay/craigslist.
Richard Sexton wrote:

A CLS55 will have AMG alloy rims. Not cheap, even on eBay.

Sooooooome times they are. But you're right in that you can just dial in 4 real cheap when you need one. But there's one cheap on ebay right now actually.
Try this in google:
    mercedes amg site:craigslist.org
It deos a half decent job of finding AMG stuff from eevry city at once, CL search limits you to a city at a time (but is a more effective search).

driving. If the car owner has not been in a situation he/she would have felt hitting the wheels specifically strongly, it sounds like you say, they are trying to make a few extra bugs (a second opinion like Richard suggests is a good idea, it is anyway easy to detect this with normal tire shop tools, just check that the wheels are round, not only well balanced).
I still claim that it is not difficult to drive the wheels over a curb or so and make them bend, but not without the driver noticing this.