cocomats?

I figured this would be an okay place to ask since cocomats.com is a Star advertiser. Does anybody know what's happened to Jeff at cocomats? I had some correspondance with him, then asked for some swatches, he said he'd
send them. I never got them and can't get any e-mail responses (I'm not suggesting he won't respond because I wanted swatches...he's the one who suggested I get some in the first place). So does anybody know if anything has happened to him? Richard

Uh, he's like that with free stuff :-)

Really? But I mean, he's the one who said I should get swatches, and I told him know I know what I want, but then after a while I realized there were 2 colors that might look good so then I said could I get a swatch of jaspe and tan herringbone and he said sure I'll get these out to you tomorrow. You would think he would at least respond to my e-mails asking what's up. It's been about 2 months. If it's just because of the swatches I think I'm glad I asked for them because I don't want to buy mats from someone who's like that. Richard

Oh, I dunno, I'm a big believer in "short term pain for long term gain"; these mats last decades, who cares about a bit of short term inconvenience?
The other thing is too, you cna order them by credit card and the regulations regarding cc's are you have 24 hours to ship stuff out so they'll arrive promptly. If they're not the ones you want then just return them and get the other ones. I literally could not be happier with mine, they have nice thick rubber backings and look like what I remember all Mercedes having when I was a kid..

inconvenience?
What are your thoughts on the rubber pad in the driver's mat? He said I could get one without the pad if I want, but that it would probably wear out after a year (don't know why it should though since my original Benz mats lasted 18 years before the wear in the drivers mat started to take its toll. Also, there are no returns on custom mats, so returning them wouldn't work. Any thoughts on jaspe vs tan herringbone vs another color for a nautical blue on palomino 1985 380SE? Thanks, Richard

Tough call, they're both nice. My personal preference is the jaspe.
The old sisal/cour mats in the 60's and 70's wore out in a patch wherever they got the most wear. I would not skip the rubber backing.

Not the backing but the heel pad...though by your response I guess I shouldn't skip that either. Richard

Oh no, that heelpad is there for a reason alright.
Ok, well I guess I'll go for Jaspe since if I want tan I'd just get palomino mats from benz and save $80. Still not sure if I'll buy cocomats though, I mean if the only reason he won't respond to my e-mails is because on his recommendation I asked for a swatch. I even tried sending one through the form on his website in case I was being spam filtered or something. Richard