Codes and stuff??

Hi. I have a 1999 E220 CDI and was wondering if I can use the pushbuttons in the insrtument column to read out anything?? I know it displays the oil level if I turn the ignition on and first push the trip button twice and wait till it is done showing the service interval , and then push the button one more time, but can I do more??

Steinar

Reply to
Norseman

No Your car is OBD2 and requires a scanner for digital storage. Flash codes [ analog] are only on OBD1. Last E Class with analog codes were 94/95 124 chassis

Reply to
AJDalton7

Thank You very much. Now I don't have to play with the buttons anymore. Just sit back and ejoy. The CDI engines are truly amazing. I keep thinking back on the old 220 diesels, and how they smoked and smelled. Now when I have chipped mine it just ROCKS!!!!!!!

Reply to
Norseman

Did the chip affect mileage significantly?

Reply to
greek_philosophizer

I have just recently had it done, so I don't have any good figures yet, bu I am hoping to see a decrease in fuel consumption when I am hauling my camping trailer. Torque is supposedly up from 300Nm to 360Nm and the rpm's for max torque should have moved from 1800 to 2200 rpm. which shuld be better.

Reply to
Norseman

I agree, they are excellent. Starting to replace inlet manifolds around the 150k mark though as they are coking up and starting to cause a smoking problem. Not a cheap repair.....

Reply to
miknik