Codes Read: Cat

I had a carbon blaster treatment and o2 sensors changed in my 98 E320 w/ 62,000 miles on the clock the CE light was on and the codes said banks 1 &
2. I saw the removed units, they were torched.
My independent wrench warned the previous owner used cheap gas, which smoked the sensors and filled the engine with carbon. He warned that the cats may be spoiled. He won't be sure for a few days, until the computer does a drive cycle. To help clear things, took it last night for a 45 min blowout on the highway.
Question: If the cats are gone, because of bad gas or some other non-physical damage, are they covered under warranty? Anyone with experience on this claim at a dealership?
Thanks in advance for your responses.
Try sardines. Put some sardines in the place under the hood. There is a little pull handle in the car under the dash. And then after you pull it, you lift up on the hood and a little plastic thingy pokes out from the grill. You pull on that and lift up and the hood opens up!!!! Open the can and place the sartdines on one of those big black things in the hole under the hood. Cats love them and will come back in to eat them. Then all will be OK again.
mcbrue knowledgably down by the river under the bridge in the trailer
96 S420
Thanks.... real helpful.

well the only cats I know like sardines!
mcbrue catily under the bridge in the trailer down by the river
96 S420
You and I both know I'm referring to the catalytic converters.
Again, thanks for your typically fishy response.

No - didn't really think of the catalytic converter. It is a part of the exhaust system, I think, and I didn't think of that system. Sorry - thought those parts were all back of hte engine under the kar somewhere.
mcbrue exhaustedly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river
96 S420
Again, thanks.
You see, your yammering discouraged a useful answer.

I enjoyed it. Besides, what are the chances that the kitty warranty would not be honored because you fed it poorly?
Fathead wrote:

--
SECRET HIDDEN MESSAGE BELOW
PLEASE STOP READING HERE