coding key e320

I have a 1997 e320 and need to replace the door sensor due to damage. I'm told that I will have to have the dealer recode my remote. Also I have a key that needs to be recoded. Does anyone know the procedure for setting them. I would like to avoid paying an additional $100.00 on top of the $120.00 for the new key. Thank you

Reply to
Scott

I believe the keys recode themselves; check the owner's book.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach