Cold start

BlankHello there I need some help I have a 1992 190E 2.3 the car runs well but the problem I am having is when the car is cold if it does not catch on the first turn over when I try to start it some times the battery will run down it just wont start .However if I leave the car in the garage over night it will start can some one give me some advice on what to do . Thanks

Reply to
Troika

It takes fuel and spark to run and engine. Yours lacks one of these. If the problem is related to moisture I'd suggest you check the ignition system, otherwise the fuel system's cold start subsystem is the culprit. It adds fuel to the engine during the starting process only, thereafter the engine is on its own. Any shop can quickly check and repair the cold start subsystem's components.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

Leave it in the garage every night. Problem solved.

Reply to
Ernie Sparks