Comand and Bluetooth

I am looking for a Bluetooth interface with my Comand system so that i can use any Bluetooth mobile device with the integrated steering wheel controls etc
is there such a thing available yet? please let me know
That would be awesome... and it will also never happen. At least, not until BMW, Lexus and maybe Jaguar have it available (Acura already has it, I believe).
MB currently enjoys a massive markup on it's integrated cell phone system, and is not about to throw that out the window for Bluetooth; even though it would be an infinately more valuable product, and make life easier for their clients. I have a bluetooth capable phone, and I've often commented to myself on how great it would be to have the comand/audio system in my cars bluetooth capable as well.

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 13:41:44 +0000, Thomas J. Paladino Jr. wrote:

Hmmm; I will bet there is some dialog on using Bluetooth within Daimler-Benz. The current system is programmed using Analog phones which are currently being obsoleted at a rapid rate (digital has mandatory GPS interfaces, locate technology for Public Service are now law, etc. etc. Oh and not to mention Ashcroft and & Ridges snoop requirements here on the Canadian border). So it is only a matter of time and I just bet they don't want to be blindsided next time around. So they will go with a std interface and let the phone guys take the rap for technical changes in the marketplace. Never mind the markup problem, the sign on the store sez automobiles not phone company.........my $.02
On 2004-10-18 06:01:04 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@jordansrentals.com (garyh) said:

Are you hoping to steer the car from the back seat with the joystick on your Sony/Ericsson?
Quote from Lexus.co.uk
"Lexus is committed to making life easier for our owners. So it's not surprising that we've found a way to simplify using a mobile phone in your car. The key is Bluetooth wireless technology.
With Bluetooth connectivity, your mobile* and on-board telephone system communicate with each other by radio frequency. A call initiated outside the car can be continued when you enter the vehicle. You just put the phone anywhere you choose and carry on talking via the system's microphone and speaker. If you want to make another call, speak the number and the voice dialling function* will connect you."
Sounds like the ideal solution for you Gary, apart from the problem of having to sell your Mercedes and buy a Lexus LS430. On second thoughts, maybe an advantage rather than a problem.
Oldun.

i have a mercedes e class with comand is there a 'bluetooth' adapter that will allow any bluetooth phone to work with comand and the integrated phone controls on the steering wheel instead of having a separate cradle for specific phones please let me know

Any info on that would be great! I've never heard of it.
Maybe you should buy an Acura. A really cool feature of some of the newer models.
I still have my MB but think the Acura Bluetooth thing is pretty cool. And now it's offered on the MDX -- which may have swayed me when I bought my ML320 in 2002.
John