Comand problems

Is there any way to turn the Comand GPS audible instructions completely off?
I know that you can turn the volume down, but it still comes in and interrupts the radio.
I want to turn the Comand audio off completely.
When the voice comes on, hold the mute button for a few seconds. That disables it until, of course, you power down and power up the unit again.
To find of the solution you seek is doable.... put this question on the audio & electronics section of mbworld.org. There's lots and lots of command retrofits discussed there. Surely, someone will know the answer.
Good luck.

Thanks! That worked! How come they didn't bother putting that one in the manual?

You could also drop by a merc dealer, they can reprogram it if you want to permanently turn it off.
-- Thomas.
Great!