COMAND system standard on S-class?

Hi,
We're looking to buy a used S-class here in the UK, year 2000 ('W' or 'X' registration). All of the cars that we have looked at (S280s, a few S320s) do not mention the COMAND system in their spec list. Am I
mistaken then in thinking that the system was supplied as standard on all current model S-classes?
Assuming that we can't buy a car with the COMAND system built-in, does anyone know if we can get it fitted here afterwards in the UK?
Thanks.
On 7 Sep 2003 09:38:14 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Peabody) wrote:

Yes you are, on the smaller engined models it was an option.

If you have got deep pockets.
--

Lettuce spray for whirled peas...

Reply to usenet[at]miknik[dot]co[dot]uk
Deep pockets?
Not so. I bought mine $1,300USD installed from a gentleman, Steve Krabbenborg, who goes by the handle MBenzNL, from the Netherlands. He hangs out on mbworld.org. Reach out to s snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com.