Command RDS-TMC in UK

I understand that RDS-TMC is now broadcast in the UK alongside the Classic FM signal. I've a Merc Command system which is supposed to be RDS-TMC enabled. I've also installed the latest discs. I've set up the unit to
create routes using RDS-TMC, and the radio then retunes automatically to Classic FM, but I've yet to see any traffic messages on the screen.
Some questions:
1. I'm confused about why the unit would need to retune to Classic FM - surely it receives the RDS-TMC output quietly in the background without me having to listen to the 1812!
2. Has anyone seen any traffic messages in the UK from RDS-TMC?
3. Also www.rds-tmc.co.uk seems content free - but I cannot see anyone yet talking about this in the UK- and I would have thought that the launch of it would be "news" that at least motorists would be talking about. What's going on!?
4. Anyone any idea what I need to do to receive traffic messages through my system?
K.
I have a Mercedes 2001 E Class with a command v2.00
I get iTMC on Classic FM. It seems that on the command 2 you have to be on Classic FM to get the iTMC.
You have to set up the command to be on TMC and not the paid service.
It will redirect your journey and allow you to scroll through the major roads and juntions with the traffic news.
Regards
Stephen