Comments about buying '99 ML 320?

Hi,
Sorry if this has been posted previously, but I am considering on buying a '99 ML 320. I've read that there have been a lot of complaints due to
fit and finish, especially on the '98 model. I was thinking that by buying a '99 model, it may help me avoid some of these problems.
Here in California I am finding that a '99 model will sell for around $17000 - $19000 depending on the condition/mileage and the seller. However, the '00 model sells for around $21000+. So, due to budget, I definitely would like to stay with a '99 or possibly a '98 model depending on what you all think. I'd appreciate any feedback you can give me.
Thanks in advance for the help!
chungfong

I would not buy a used ML unless it came with an extended warranty. Also, make sure that the fuel pump has been replaced as well as the window switches and door lock actuators. These were all very common faulty parts on the 98/99 models. I believe the reason for the price jump in the 2000+ models is because people know that many of the most serious problems were resolved by then. Also, the 2000+ models were a bit more "luxurious" with real wood trim, more leather, and the availability of several other luxury options.
--

- RODNEY