coolant seeping out of perfectly clamped-down upper radiator hose on a 1993 190E

Hello all,
The issue I'm having is that there is coolant weeping out of the upper radiator hose of my 1993 190E 2.3L. I can't figure out why, since the
hose is clamped properly... The weeping occurs at the end of the hose, on one side, past the clamp and where the end of the hose meets the radiator connection.
Any ideas ???
Chris
Radiator is leaking. Is it one of those with a plastic tank?
Yes it is one with a plastic neck connecting to the hose. Should I try to clamp it past the leak or try to fix the crack?
if the neck is cracked you will need to replace the rad. you can call me and i might be able to get you a good price, 401-846-6040 what will happen soon is the neck with break completly off, sending coolant everywhere and dissableing the car. i have seen this many times. does the neck on your have a metal sleve inside the neck-that is a more updated rad.
I suspect the neck to tank seam has cracked so further clamping of the radiator hose is useless. With this in mind look at it again carefully to see if that is in fact what has occurred.
Some radiator shops can fix plastic tanked radiators, suggest you dial up the shops in your area or shop the internet for a new radiator.
In fact, I suspect the plastic neck cracks because many persons clamp down too much. The plastic eventually gives up. Updated version has metal inside the neck to counter the pressure.
Many radiator shops can replace the plastic tank. Just call around your area. It costs me $180 to get a new top and complete cleaning for a 300SDL radiator (bringing it to shop). It was like a 3-hour turnaround time for the shop.
T.G. Lambach wrote:

Maybe it is a sad hose?

You ever seen anyone sad who was hosed?
cp
My 89 190E had a broken neck too.
Most, if not every, 190 .... 300 Benz suffered a broken neck. It's right up there with the valve guide problems. Both are inexcusable for a Benz.

After replacing the water pump on my 89 300E, I now also have a bit of seepage at the neck. On closer inspection though, it appears to come from the over- flow hose that comes from the reservoir tank. The seep appears to be coming from a 'funny' sort of connection between the plastic elbow that is fitted to the hose and the plastic radiator. Is this a replaceable part I wonder? Is it possible that some of the reported leaks are from that?
cheers, guenter

oooooh, another CP
Chris
Radiator neck is cracking... time for new radiator. You can get a new Nissen radiator for $189. Don't repair it when you can get new one at same price.
Where is the radiator listed for $189.
Chris
http://www.mr-auto-parts.com/
Is Nissens a good brand?
Yes it is... Made in Denmark to the current ISO spec. Their neck is thicker than Behr. I have two of them in my two cars... 4 years no problem so far.