Couldn't resist the lure of the B class

I've just bought a B class, non-turbo because the turbo was quite 'twitchy' off the start. Anyone interested how the driving experience will be and
how it behaves let me know.
cheers, guenter
Guenter Scholz wrote:

Don't ask rhetoric questions - just tell us your impressions! ;-)
Juergen

    Juergen, since you ask :-)
- of course the car is not a 'sports' tourer, but since it's weight is only around 2800 lbs, the 135 HP is more than adequate. In fact, the turbo is tuned to be too agressive IMHO. It's a good car for those who really dont' want a Van/SUV but basically want a sedan with some carrying capability with more than decent road ability (corning, accel, etc)
- most other crossover vehicles are typically 4500 lbs and have a V6. Gas consumption obviously goes up a lot.
- the car has an incredible open feeling to it, seating is fairly high with a large window giving a good view and the large sunroof adds much to that open feeling - driving leisurely the rpm stay at 2000 and the engine noise is most definitely not obtrusive... nicer IMHO than the VW/Audi engines and even some of the newer MB's. Not as smooth as my old '89 inline though.... but not bad. I can't understand why the VW's and Audi's have such a relatively rough idle.
- will wait for more until I drive a few tank fulls.
cheers, guenter
On Jun 28, 12:45 pm, snipped-for-privacy@sciborg.uwaterloo.ca (Guenter Scholz) wrote:

Congratulations! Sounds like a nice one.
I think it offers a good package, just not (yet?) sold on the appearance.
And it does not have an upright star on the bonnet.
Anyway, Guenter, enjoy!
DAS
"robrjt" < snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@o61g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...
How big is the drivers seat?
mcbrue enquiringly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river

and there is lumbar support. The car is 'not' small in the inside at all. It feels more spacious than my 300E and the seats are more comfortable. One very important design concept for us was the 'sandwich' floor design so that in case of a front collision the motor will move back below your feet. That means you sit a bit higher than in a sedan, but not as high as a van or suv, and it gives a great view of the road through the large glass panes all around... the folding (because it's so large) sunroof enhances this even further. I don't think the US will get it until 2010 or so when the model turn-around occurs. With any luck you'll get the diesel version.
- cheers, guenter

The key decision was made by the OWMBO, always wants practicality such as good in the snow, 4 doors, AC/heaters that will operate flawlessly, no convertible, etc etc... However, there is method to buying the B class for her .. of course I can also see the practicality of being able to haul things around... since, now that she is happy, there is nothing to prevent me from buying something like a SLK stick :-) for myself.
- cheers, guenter