Country Stickers: Where To Get Them?

Hi Geoff-- I was just in the local Autobahn rest stop shop and noticed they had DDR stickers, so I bought a couple. They're yours gratis if you want them (Yeah I know, mighty white of me). You can contact me at my gmail address with your snail mail info.

drs

Reply to
dale.schultz

You're not disagreeing with me! In fact, you are confirming my comment and providing extra info. My point is that it depends on the country whether on new plates the EU-style is mandatory. It isn't in the UK, for example, and you confirmed that with the Wikipedia extract (even though I treat Wikipedia information as only preliminary).

(I have the new style on my newer car for two reasons, one being that I don't want a large sticker anywhere on the back.)

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

Even though the logo is not the one for the car...

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Checked out the links. In the first Wikipedia link there is the implication is that the EU country designation is not valid outside the EU, e.g. in Romania.

I wonder if this is enforced, especially among the candidate countries like Romania.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Yes, that's what I also have read from other sources.

In general, I don't think so. But maybe if a local police officer wants some baksheesh...

Juergen

Reply to
Juergen .

Yes, I'm not disagreeing with you - should you have had the impression it is my fault.

Yes, exactly. And I wondered it was left to the individual countries and not regulated further by the European Parliament in Brussels.

I also have a non-EU plate on the 240D and have a D oval on a magnetic folio so I can attach it to the trunk when I need it (I don't need that anymore, for going abroad I use other cars).

Juergen

Reply to
Juergen .

On my 190 the country sticker is in an upper corner of the (rear) window. I think that turns out to be 'illegal' as it is not near the number plate.

Don't care. Nobody commented when I did go abroad in it and now I go in my other car, e.g. tomorrow, to Rouen.

Such a relatively short distance as the crow flies, but such a long way via the shuttle... :-(

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling