crashed '91 300e, question about ebay selling

Hi, My son totaled my 1991 300e, and a friend told me the best thing to do with it is to sell it on ebay. It has 165,000 miles on it, lots of new parts, was in perfect condition, but
now .... Do you think that's a good idea, and any clue as to what it will bring. He drove right into a cement stantion at high speed so most of the damage is on the front. Right rear corner took a hit, too. It has a tow hitch, new rear axel, all new front suspension from ball joint to ball joint, the glass is all good except for the windshield, new ingnition wires, rotor, cap, etc., it's black with a gray interior, not leather, the other stuff.
Thanks in advance for any comments,
Avery
ps: It's resting in Paulsboro NJ, that's in south Jersey about 20 minutes south of Philly.
Avery, The more important question is: "How's your son?"
As to the posted question:
Wrecked parts car, IMHO: $500 to $800.
I thank the mercedes engineers everyday. His only injury was one broken rib. The guys at the auto center said if he was in another car, he would not have survived.
Thanks for asking.
Avery
On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 16:05:41 -0500, "-Avery Anderson-"

I had a similar situation, recently and sold my wrecked '89 300TE on Craig's List for $999. People started calling ten minutes after I posted the ad, I sold it within two hours... and it didn't cost a cent!
Look here:
http://philadelphia.craigslist.org /
Oh, and by the way. My daughter's fine. We decided to let her live.
~Patient Parent
I would part it out instead. Something I saw someone do on ebay is post a .99 cent listing (to have as few fees as possible that he was parting out a car and once he got low on parts he listed what is left. You'd be surprised what wood, wheels, tail lights, etc, will get you in parts that they won't get you in whole (ever checked the price on tail light lenses or the shifter assembly or any wood? it's nuts). Even a dead pedal in a W126 is $80, so I'm sure there are a lot of worthwhile parts in a 91 e-class. Richard

Sell it whole and be done with it. I think TG's estimate is good, I would expect $500.
Ebay will work, or craiglist is good too....
Amazing how dependent we are on this dang ol' internet.
There are three good ideas. Why not visit ebay and see what other wrecks or parts cars are selling for, and if you are interested in dismantling it, check out what the parts are selling for. It is much more work to sell it one part at a time, but probably will generate more money.
Jon
said:

Didn't the OP say he was in south Jersey? Maybe Bill Ditmire will buy it for parts.
www.ditmire.com
thanks for reminding about Bill. I'll email him.

Have you sold the car yet? I'm interested, providing I figure out how to get it to norfolk, VA.
Interested: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com