crazy idle

I have of course an 83 300sd, and in the morning when I start it, it's idle speed goes up and down. I also think that it idles low, (about 750) any help?

750 is normal. It'll fluctuate a little bit when cold but should settlwe out at 750 RPM.
Richard Sexton wrote:

Yes, why wouldn't it be?
750 RPM is the governor's idle speed setting.