crazy idle

I have of course an 83 300sd, and in the morning when I start it, it's idle speed goes up and down. I also think that it idles low, (about 750) any help?

Reply to
anahataray via CarKB.com

750 is normal. It'll fluctuate a little bit when cold but should settlwe out at 750 RPM.
Reply to
Richard Sexton
750 RPM is the governor's idle speed setting.
Reply to
Take A Guess

So even when it is 11 degrees outside, 750 is normal?

Reply to
anahataray via CarKB.com

Yes, why wouldn't it be?

Reply to