Cup holders

Does anyone know if there is a way to remove the cassette tape holder and install cup holders on a 1995 500 SEL? Is there a kit for this?

Use Google to search for Fischer holders.

Thanks, close but no cigar. I am trying to get away from that cup holder attached to the door. I hate that thing! They did have one like Im looking for , but it was for MB trucks. Anyone else, please throw an idea my way. Thanks again MTI

I saw a cup holder once that actually floated the cup on a little counter-balanced platform. It would cause the cup to lean into the turn or against changes in momentum. An ordinary kitchen coffee cup was no more likely to spill than a covered travel mug. Damnedest thing...
I bought an adjustable sort of clamp device that I attached to the inside of the glove box door. You can change its size to accomodate just about any cup or bottle. Cost about $2 at Wal-Mart.
You could make a frame that slides into the tape holder rails that would support a cup holder.

You could try the cupholder at www.GriotsGarage.com .