Dash Cluster Light Problems

the Dash Cluster wont light...this is wierd because my refuel arrow will light but where the RPMs and the Speedometer wont light...how do i go about fixing this??? ive tried the dimming knob to see if they
were just dim but they arent lighting up so...
What model please :o))
Have you checked the bulbs?
marcopolobenz wrote:

--
Tomas Jensen
e-mail: tcj_@_tomas_._dk
On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 22:36:01 -0400, marcopolobenz wrote:

This REALLY sounds like a bad dimmer. These can usually be (carefully - there's a spring in there that likes to jump out!) disassembled and cleaned (something mildly acid, like vinegar or cola and a gentle toothbrushing followed by a THOROUGH rinse and dry). As a quick test, short past the terminals of the dimmer and see if you have dash lights. If you don't, then the problem is elswhere. If the dimmer is the problem, and you succesfully clean it, then you may be inspired to try the following:
http://p090.ezboard.com/fmbenthusiastsclubphilippines19848frm11.showMessage?topicID .topic
Cheers,
Conrad

All the bulbs are contained in little plastic sockets that stick out from the back of the instrument cluster circuit boards. A quarter twist and the socket pops out of the cluster circuit board. Then the bulbs pull straight out of the socket. The bulbs to illuminate the face are at the top of the cluster. Checking a light bulb is fairly straightforward - apply an ohmmeter to the terminals - if you have continuity, the bulb is good. Again, if the whole dash is dark, it's unlikely that all the face light bulbs died at once - but stranger things have happened.
Cheers,
Conrad
the reserve fuel light and all other warning lights for that matter operate independently of the dash lighting. If its an older Benz, suspect the rheostat if the bulbs are good and the fuse.