dash lights on

i just got a new stero installed in my car(1993 300E 2.8) i got new everything for the stero. i took it to this place that my friend new and he got me a deal, but now i have a check engine light on and
sometimes my ABS light will come on. the weirdest part is, when i turn my car off the check engine light and the ABS light stay on. if anyone could help me out that would be cool. thanks

Ya the ABS unit box sits underneath the stereo sounds like they unplugged or did something to it. I would make them fix it they caused it and you may have to pat thousands getting it figured out, should not even have accepted the car in that condition.
If this happens immediately after they installed the system, then they have to fix it. This is covered under their liability insurance for any problems they may have caused.
Sounds to me that Overload Relay must have be fried...