Dashtoper

Does anyone have an opinion about covering my cracked 1984 dash with a Dashtop? They look like a pretty good solution. Anyone have one installed for a while and can commenton it's appearance after a few
years?
Does it look....almost "good as new"?
TIA
It depends on what product you're describing. There are carpet style covers that look like the auto equivalent of a toupee. Palco makes a molded plastic cap that glues to the original dash. That piece has a beveled edge that virtually blends the edge when properly afixed (more glue than they give you and liberal use of duct tape while it dries to clamp it down).

http://www.dieselbenz.info/dash_cover.htm
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

My dad used one of those on a 300SD - it looks fine, but it must be installed very carefully. The biggest problem was warping from improper installation, and it looks somewhat deformed now.
-- C

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Eeek - as in www.dashtopper.com - I think I'd stick with a cracked dashboard...
--
Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving / And
revolving at 900 miles an hour / That's orbiting at 19 miles a second,