Dashtoper

Does anyone have an opinion about covering my cracked 1984 dash with a Dashtop? They look like a pretty good solution. Anyone have one installed for a while and can commenton it's appearance after a few years?

Does it look....almost "good as new"?

TIA

Reply to
bambooken

It depends on what product you're describing. There are carpet style covers that look like the auto equivalent of a toupee. Palco makes a molded plastic cap that glues to the original dash. That piece has a beveled edge that virtually blends the edge when properly afixed (more glue than they give you and liberal use of duct tape while it dries to clamp it down).

Reply to
MTI

Reply to
Darrell with DieselBenz.info

My dad used one of those on a 300SD - it looks fine, but it must be installed very carefully. The biggest problem was warping from improper installation, and it looks somewhat deformed now.

-- C

Reply to
Colin Fletcher

Eeek - as in

- I think I'd stick with a cracked dashboard...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp