DC mechanics

This may have been covered before; I've checked the recent newsgroup and haven't seen anything related.
I've got an '82 300TD that belonged to my dad in Akron Ohio. It's in good
shape considering the age, but I'm looking for a good mechanic to help me out not only for the routine maintenance but for the troubleshooting.
Any advice?
Thanks in advance.