Dead, no glow plug light

The unthinkable has happened. My venerable '83 300D won't start. Turns over okay, but the glow plug light on the dash doesn't light and the little box attached to the inside of the left front wheel well that I'm thinking is a voltage regulator makes a buzzing sound I've never heard. Could use a little help, here.

Reply to
Barye Phillips

if its the one with the slide off cover that is your relay.

slide the cover off and check the fuse. it looks like a strip of alumium held down with 2 screws. check it and if its cracked get a new one . this is an 80 AMP fuse strip!

take the NEG cable off the BATT before taking the screwdriver to it as it is HOT.

to get it going you can use a heafty piece of wire to get it started.

the case, minus a few cans!

Reply to
pool man