Death of the uniwiper and parts question

1995 c280 with 65K. Last week the windshield wiper died a fitful death. When I turn the switch I hear a nasty buzzing, but that's it. Is this a bad, time consuming repair (the right headlight wiper appears to suffer from the same malady but I am assuming its unrelated)

Also: I'm looking for wood trim. The piece in the console is getting a little crackly. The rest of the interior is excellent, so this strikes me as worth fixing.

Reply to
Chris Tonjes

Sound like defiled cog or gear. Another possibility is the arm unseating itself from the pivot point, making buzzing noise. Try the junk yard for the second-hand unit as the new ones are quite expensive.

Check the voltage at the headlamp wiper motor. If the reading is good, the motor is burnt out or jammed. Take the motor out and test again before discarding it.

Oliver

Chris T> 1995 c280 with 65K. Last week the windshield wiper died a fitful death. When

Reply to
Ennui Society