defrost versus a/c vents - euro 500sel

I just replaced the climate control unit in my 1985 500sel with a 'good' used one. I noticed that in every position, most of the airflow comes out of the defrost, with small amount coming out of ac vents. My wife drove
this car most of the time, so I don't know if this is normal or is there a problem. Anyone with insight on this??
Nope... not normal. The most likely cause is bad vacuum actuator for the defrost vent. Easy to replace... just pull out the glovebox and it is located right next to the center dash. Easy fix.
thanks tiger, will check it out tomorrow.

Just to remind you... you have to take out those double locking plastic anchors before the box will come out.