Diesel Compression Tester recommendations?

I'm looking to buy an engine compression tester for 616/7 diesel engines.

At the cheap end, there is Harbor Freight. $25

Ooooh, look a $150 deluxe set from Harbor Freight!

At the higher end there is Snap ON - $180 for the tester and $60 for the adapter

?search=true&item_ID=11128&PartNo=M3542A&group_id=1430&supersede=&store=snapon-store&tool=all So is the Harbor Freight stuff decent/acceptable? Are there any mid-range brands to look at?

Thanks

Jay

Reply to
jj

If you are just working on your car, Harbor Freight is good enough. They are very decent tool as I have bought tons of stuff from them.

I wouldn't bother with anything else.

Reply to
Tiger