Diesel in winter question

Two questions about running my 300SDL in winter. The manual says that if winterized or No1 diesel fuel at temps below 32F. If not available, mix with kerosene. How can i tell if what is at the pump is No1 or No2
diesel?
Also, where is the plug for the block heater on the 300SDL? The manual says it is in front of the radiator. I have looked and looked and can't see it. Can someone give me an exact location or, better yet, a picture showing it? It is either so obvious i cannot see it, or some previous owner has removed it (i can see no reason why they would, if it is even possible to remove). TIA Shannon 86 300SDL 299k miles 80 450SL 217k miles
Diesel #1 is sold in cold weather areas during the winter in lieu of #2.
The probable reason that you can't find the block heater's plug is that no block heater is installed in your car's engine.
look on the pass side for your plug. some one may have coiled it up min way <center>of the block. it will be a 3 pronged grounded 120 volt plug.
all of my cars had them but am not sure if it was an option or not.
a good batt & glow plugs should not leave you stranded .
the case, minus a few cans!
On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 19:09:03 GMT, "T.G. Lambach"

The owners manual says it came with one installed. I was under the impression all 300SDL's had them standard.
Don't worry about the fuel... the industry will formulate it according to weather so by the time winter is arriving, they are already selling No 1.
You can always take it to dealer and have them show it to you... or ask another MB diesel owner. It is usually located at the bumper level...