Diesel leak - 1992 300D

Here is the long story. I seem to have a fluid leak, it looks and smells like diesel. I have taken it to a shop twice and every time I take it, the problem does not rear its ugly head. Sometimes there is
a lot of fluid and sometimes not.
Also this problem shows up only when it is cold (I live in the Northeast). The filters are fine, just changed them two weeks ago.
Has anybody ever experienced this?
Thanks,
Mike
On Feb 12, 9:16 pm, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

more info, the puddle of fuel is right front driver side.
Right front and drivers side do not belong together unless you live in England, Australia, or Japan. I assume you mean the Northeast of the USA? In the USA, cars are left hand drive and you always describe the left and right side as you are sitting behind the steering wheel, always. Can you be a little more specific about the fuel leak? Sounds like either the injection pump foot valve o-rings are leaking or the lower cover is leaking. You will need to feel around under those units to see which one is wet.
It might be 11 or 122 here but more info is needed: http://www.detali.ru/cat/oem_mb2.asp?TP=1&F 4130&M`3%2E912&GAr2%2E415&GMq7%2E433&CT=M&catP3&SID&SGR5&SGN

My suggestion is if you haven't change all your fuel lines since the beginnning, change them all now. One leak here and fixed will lead to another leak somewhere else.