Diesel models available to Canada

Has Mercedes imported to Canada an all wheel drive (4-matic) diesel wagon with automatic transmission? If so, during which years, which model designations, etc. I now drive a 85 300D Turbodiesel for winter and daily
commute (416K km) and 85 300SD Turbodiesel for summer and pleasure (315K km). I would like to replace the 300D with an all wheel drive model for winter driving. Any info appreciated. I am in the Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal corridor.

You have to bring them in from Europe, I'm thinking of getting one next year. My father brings back cars/vans every time he goes to Europe, this pays for the entire trip and then some, might be bring a couple of vans/trucks over this year towards summer. If interested contact me at cplas__AT__telus__DOT__net
cp
Does your father have to homologate the ECE vehicles from Europe to meet CMVSS before he can register them in Canada? Canada used to permit the ECE vehicles to be sold with minor modifications to fit the side running lamps, day running lamps, and like.
cp wrote:

Nothing has to be done. The vehicles have to be at least 15 years old and the 1990-1991 G wagens look mighty good.
cp