Differential for C230 1998?

I found a good used differential (low miles) from a C230 same year and same gear ratio ie. 3.27. Only problem is it's from a 230C K model(1998) (not Kompressor per se). It is from a 180hp and mine is

150hp. Question is: If they are the same gear ratio and look the same... are they in fact the same rear end hence interchangable? I'm tempted to buy it as the price is right. I posted before but just figured out the gear ratio and was surprised that they are the same. I was told earlier that the 180hp differential has a different ratio than the 150hp differential. None of the MB Dealers in town want to find out the correct answer for me. Many Thanks..

Larry

Reply to
Larry

Just for your general interest I found from the Vin#s that both are ABS and not ETS so pretty sure they are the same unit even though difference in HP..

Larry

Reply to
Larry