differential pressure, EHA valve fuel leak

Hello,

I have a problem with a leak on the differential pressure valve (also know as the EHA valve) on my 300E--it's the little black box that screws to the back side of the fuel distributor.

Before I replaced the two o-rings, gas was actually dripping off of the bottom of the valve. Now that I've replaced the o-rings, fuel is not dripping nearly like it was but it's still not completely sealing between the valve and fuel distributor. I wiped of the mating surfaces well and the screws seem to be tightened properly.

Against my better judgment, I'm thinking about taking a light pass with some emery cloth on both surfaces to see if that would help. Can anyone suggest what else I can do to get a better seal. I hate to think that I'm going to need to buy a new valve for $200 and find out that I still have a leak.

Thanks in advance for any advise.

Mike

Reply to
mharness

If you are positive that leak is where the orings are, the I suggest you try some aviation form-a-gasket on the orings and tighten it back up... allow it to dry a bit.

You must double check if it is leaking elsewhere on that EHA unit... the one I replaced on 190E was definitely leaking from the outside holes... not where the orings are.

Reply to
Tiger