Diminished Value

I didn't know you could collect for the reduced market value of your car after an accident repair, but the articles at

say you can. I know most people will not buy a car with a bad Carfax unless it's offered at a big discount. Anyone else know about this stuff?

Reply to
A Reader

Last year got 10% of the value of my MB in diminished value after a rear end collision. ($2,250). My own insurance company (uninsured motorists claim)

Three years before, got $3k from State Farm when one of their insured members hit my Volvo wagon.

Most insurance companies will send yo a form if you ask for it...but will not 'advertise' the fact.

But --- the likelihood of getting such a claim is much lower if the car has already been in an accident.

Reply to
CLK430

Insurance companies MAY only offer you half of what is due. Diminished Value (DV) is the loss in market value that occurs when a vehicle is wrecked and repaired. Don't let the insurance company tell you how much. Ask The Experts at Collision Claim Associates, Inc.

They stay with you thru the entire claim process. You get an inspection which most companies demand before any payout. Then a report with instructions and sample demand letters for all contingencies.

Reply to
nobody important