Dipped beam in left hand traffic?

We are off to the UK with a car that has xenon lamps that turn in curves. Have to dipp them somehow, will it be ok to simply put black insulation tape on them or might that harm the glass? The car is a 2004 e-class.

Don´t expect to be driving at night, but there are still tunnels etc. Per

Reply to
Per Löwdin

Hi Per

We (MBOA UK) would expect you have a lever around the lamp. It should be written in your manual under a section called driving abroad?

Xenons do not rely on the lens pattern of older lamps that could be modified with masks.

Reply to
charles blassberg

Thanks, talked to our local MB-people and they adviced black duct tape. Are not going to drive at night really. Seems the lamps have to be rebuilt if we don´t do it with tape.

Per

Reply to
Per Löwdin

Hello,

The ECE regulations no longer permitted the dual-point headlamps where one can swtich between the left- and right-side rule of road. My mum's

1986 Citroën 2CV had that feature. Many projector lense headlamps have the feature where one can switch between the sides. Some might be simple as sliding the shield whilst others require disassembling.

I think ECE ought to reconsider given the nature of GPS-fitted vehicles which consent to the switch whenever the left-side rule of road vehicles cross over to the right-side rule of road and vice versa. Oliver

Per Löwdin schrieb:

Reply to
OM

Just blind the Brits...

When I cross to the Continent I out on a mask as I have a lens (on Xenon lights) which I get at the Shuttle terminal in Folkestone. In the past I have also bought same at a petrol station in Dover docks. Don't know how it works going the other way.

The pack contains the mask and a knife to cut the right shape (instructions provided).

How/where are you crossing the English Channel?

If you have no lens, then a mask is not much use.

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling