disc brakes resurface

I got my disk brakes resurfaced yesterday. Now I hear a griding noise when I brake. The pads are still thick. Will the noise eventually go away or did the do a cheap job?

Karle 1988 190e 2.3
There is more to turning rotors than throwing them on a machine and then returning them to the car. I turn the rotors, then use a surfacing disk on a die grinder to smooth out the grooves from the machine, then wash the rotors in soap and water to remove any metal dust left by the turning operation. This works every time. Cost to turn and resurface the rotors is $20 per pair (off the car). I can't answer your question, but maybe you can answer it yourself now.
Paul 84 500SEL