Distribution chain of 220 D

Does anybody know at how many km the Distribution chain of a 220 D 1997 must be replaced?

Thanks a lot.

Nick

Reply to
Nick

since noone has answered, yet I'll give it a shot.

If you change oil/filter regularily, the chaintensioner is working properly and engine is not beeing overheated, the timingchain, you refer to is good for many, many KM...to give it a number...200KM and more.

If you have concerns, have the chain tension and or chain wear checked.

I drove my 240D for 400.000 KM with one chain....my 190E for 250.000KM with first chain...I never had a chain brake on me....knock an wood *knock,knock*

...basically, it's all about maintenance...if you take good care of your car/engine, it will take care of you and last, and last and last.

Alex

"Nick" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3ff9d715$0$41761$ snipped-for-privacy@dreader2.news.tiscali.nl...

Reply to
Alex Hemmerich

soory...i meant 200TKM

sorry

"Alex Hemmerich" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:bteasp$dh7$ snipped-for-privacy@nets3.rz.RWTH-Aachen.DE...

*knock,knock*
Reply to
Alex Hemmerich

Alex,

thank you very much for the advice. I will take care of the oil and filters so i can make a 400K with the car. After all.. it's worth it..

Regards, Nick

Reply to
Nick