mcbrue breathingcleanly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river
96 S420
Sound like them boys don't know what they are doing and charging you arms and legs... learn at your expense. In this case, they didn't even diagnose why you have unburned gas going into your exhaust, and wanted to decarbonized your intake? Why not fix the real problem first?
On 2004-08-18 19:38:12 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (MCBRUE) said:

This reminds me of an old trick a cadillac mechanic taught me.
It involves inserting about 3 ounces of water into the intake of the injection system WITH the engine RUNNING.
Scared the piss out of me, but sure enough fixed the car.
Just a thought for attacking those carbon deposits on the intake. Of course how you get the water in there is your problem.
Marty
rice also works hard enough to blast off the carbon but will not mess up the cylinders
so my shop teacher told me. never saw it done.
the water trick works great ! STEAM CLEANING 101 .
the case, minus a few cans!