do you know if the "smart keys" can be repaired?

recently one of my key broken in a parking, fortunaly, is close to my house. I change for a new paire of batteries but nothing happens . Then a reach my second set and it's OK .
Now the problem is to know buy other one or repair the faulty one?
I think you just have to resync your non-working key to the car.
how? thank you.
Check your owner manual... It should say in there. Otherwise search the internet. Don't let the dealer make you think you have a broken remote... that they take your key away and order you a new one... Charging you $150 and give you a key that looks like your original one...
If no luck... go to your local dealer and ask them to do it for you... if you have good relationship... they will do it for you for free.
Thank you Tiger, Here in Quebec , the key cost 280.00$ plus taxes (15%)!!! And waiting for 10 working day! Cash in advence. Then I find a guay with some knowledge in electronic and maybe he can repair for a fraction of price.
Tanx again my friend
Norm