Door handle

I HAVE A 89' 560 SEL. The problem that I have now is the door handle (outside) behind the drivers door. I tried one day to open the door and the handle wouldn't work. The inside door opener works fine. Now, is it pretty
straight forward to replace this door handle? Is there anything that I should be before I do this job?
TIA,
BILL
The first thing you need to do is to figure out why the handle is not actuating the latch. It is not a safe assumption that the handle is defective.
--

Roger Shoaf