door lock core

The core on the door lock of my 300D is getting really hard to turn - I have tried tri-flow and a host of other lubricants on it, and judging from the feel of the key it appears that the core itself is just plain worn out (I use it a lot).

It appears that changing the core on a 300D is pretty simple - about the same as on the VWs that I've changed in the past (THOSE were because the D@###D handles kept breaking)- but I thought I'd ask the newsgroup:

(a)Is it really that easy? and... (b) why can't I find one on any of the parts suppliers that I normally use? Do I HAVE to go to the dealer?

thanks -

terry solomonson

Reply to
Terry Solomonson