door speakers replacement 97 SL 320

It sounds like the door speakers in my SL have blown, esp the midrange/woofers.
I'd like to check them out--is the grill easily removed? how? also, are there suitable replacements aftermarket out there that fit
and have correct resistance?
I have the Bose system.
tia
John
snip

Thanks, Jacques, but what format is it?
I tried it as a jpg and unencoded it to a dat--can't get it to show. Is it still pictures or a vid?
tia
John
PS I wonder if it is the amplifier for the Bose system. The distortion seems to be worse when the radio is "cold" though it is there "almost" all the time.
dans l'article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, scylla_removethis snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net scylla_removethis snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net a crit le 28/06/05 20:24:

I am no expert in computers, but this attachment was an "Internet Explorer" thing. My system is a Mac, dont know if it makes a difference.
Cant help more than showing how to get to the speakers from what I had picked-up from this site some months ago.
Good luck.
Sorry about the huge expense you are about to experience! MB cannot sell just the driver. The will sell the complete assembly! Bose does not sell replacement drivers, and these speakers are not teriffic by audio standards. Bose speakers have very weird impedance unlike all aftermarket speakers which are all four ohms. It is common among many SL owners with the "Bose" system to replace the head unit with a cd head unit which has four ohm outputs, and replacing the Bose speakers with aftermarket ones which are better and are four ohms. PK