Door trim '87 300SDL

I'm working on repairing some rust problems on my '87 300SDL. I've removed the cladding from the rocker panels and wheelwells without any real problem.
But when I removed the plastic trim panels from the doors, the rear most retainer was a problem. It pulled out of the trim panel completely. I thought that it was a screw but they don't appear to unscrew. Should I look into removing the interior door panel to see if the things are bolts? Any suggestions?
The car looks quite nekkid without the plastic trim panels <G> Will be doing a small fibreglass repair on trunk but that is another set of problems by itself.
--
Cheers,
Kurt
On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 08:04:29 -0500, Kurt wrote: [...]

They are plastic push pins similar to the adjacent ones, but with a different attachement/head. You may need to take off the interior door panels to push against the plastic socket that they fit into. Otherwise, a brute force method could lead to pulling the pin apart.
--
Cheers, Dzhokhar (jus' a joker)