DUPLEX TIMING CHAIN

Can the the timing chain 1992 190E 2.6 be converted to a double row timing chain? At 120,000 miIes and a leaking headgasket (verified) I am due! Benz Service desk says no! But if I am correct,
didn't the 260E have a double row timing chain with the same engine?? I want to get all that needs to be done while the engine is open (valve guides, and seals included) for head gasket repair! Any advice will be greatly appreciated................Rick

Yes. You have to take the timing cover off to replace the gears and rails.
AHA, I knew it! Thanks for the reply, and do you know what the cost of this conversion would add to the cost of, headgasket repair, timing chain, valve seals and guides? I mean additional parts and labor? BTW have other 190s been so converted ?..........TIA ...Rick