Hi, I'm looking at getting a brand new C220 CDI or E220 CDI on 1st Sep in
I have some questions about the COMAND Nav unit that I would definitely get.
I'd be very grateful if people only answered these questions if they
definitely know the answer rather than just answering what they think is
correct or have "heard" elsewhere :) Also, I understand that there are
differences between UK and US COMAND models. I am in the UK and will be
buying a UK spec car.
1) Does this unit have an auxilliary input so I can plug in my mp3 player
rather than having to pay for a CD changer which I don't really want.
2) Will it play mp3's stored on a DVD, played in the head unit.
3) Can the unit be altered (easily) so that DVD's can be played whilst the
car is moving? (Let's not start a conversation on the ethics of this - it's
for front passenger use!!).
4) I don't want to pay for mercedes to fit rear screens in the car, but I
will want to have this done aftermarket. Is there a simple "composite out"
connector on the COMAND unit that could easily be tapped in to or have
Mercedes set something up so you have to have extra screens fitted by them?
5) Is the COMAND unit for the C-class (new facelift model) the same as the
E-class, in terms of being able to play DVD films etc, or are there
differences between them (and if so do you know what :)
6) Is there a bluetooth phone kit available that will link in to the
c-class/e-class so I can use the comand/steering wheel controls?
Thanks very much,