E 200 gas motor

LNG motor now comes as standard on a Merc:
http://www.mercedes-benz.de/content/germany/mpc/mpc_germany_website/de/home_mpc/passenger_cars/home/products/new_cars/e-class_saloon/overview/engines.0005.html
Still playing hybrid catchup with Toyota?
DAS
Dori A Schmetterling wrote:

http://www.mercedes-benz.de/content/germany/mpc/mpc_germany_website/de/home_mpc/passenger_cars/home/products/new_cars/e-class_saloon/overview/engines.0005.html
That seems kind of nifty. I wonder if it will make it to the USA.
This is the google translation:
Who selects the E 200 NGT (Natural gas Technology), * a wise decision meets. Because thus you can use two fuel variants in an engine. The bivalent drive permits to select you at any time - even while driving - between gasoline and natural gas fuel. And makes itself paid, because natural gas is substantially more inexpensive than gasoline. Additionally the environment profits: In the comparison to the gasoline enterprise the emission values for CO2, nitrogen oxides, Carbon monoxide and reactive hydrocarbons are substantially reduced. The 4-Zylinder compressor engine - all the same whether with natural gas or gasoline drive - shows a convincing achievement
.
Or to the UK...
Unsurprisingly it's on the Dutch site (they're kings of liquefied natural gas) but listed under petrol-engined cars...
The translation is passable. Mostly marketing blah-blah.
DAS
"greek_philosophizer" <greek snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
Dori A Schmetterling wrote:

Dutch? The .de TLD is for Deutsch (German).
I'm Dutch and I've never even seen an LNG powered car (I've seen some busses I think). We do have lots of LPG cars (in fact, I own one). OTOH I was in Kuala Lumpur recently and the airport taxi I was in had a large white cylinder in the boot. I asked the guy what it was for and to my surprise he replied it was LNG.
Ximinez
1) Having trouble navigating the website? Having trouble reading Dutch? :-)
http://www.mercedes-benz.nl/web/show/idP4827/dbid=5/typeofpageI833
2) Ok, LPG. What would you call the liquid form of North Sea gas? Isn't that what it is?
DAS
"The Spanish Inquisition" < snipped-for-privacy@myown.mailcan.com> wrote in message
news:43286524$0$11061$ snipped-for-privacy@news.xsall.nl...
Dori A Schmetterling wrote:

I only saw this link in the previous thread, no Dutch links that I could find:
http://www.mercedes-benz.de/content/germany/mpc/mpc_germany_website/de/home_mpc/passenger_cars/home/products/new_cars/e-class_saloon/overview/engines.0005.html

LPG Liquefied Petroleum Gas http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquified_petroleum_gas
LNG = Liquefied Natural Gas http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lng
Ximinez
Nil points for initiative. Considering it was fairly obvious the link was to the MB website, it should not have been difficult to work out how to get to another country...
:-) DAS
Dori A Schmetterling wrote:

So be it...
Ximinez