E-320 1998

sunroof opens about 3/4 of the way and then the cables bind up any one have any idea what is wrong
thanks papa

Probably the clip holding that cable to the sunrrof broke off... Pop that liner off and check it out.
How easy or hard is it to pop the liner off? Cant find any screws holding it on.
thanks papa
Sunroof liner should be clips style... I have not looked closely but older MB has simply metal clips... about 5 I think in the front. Prod carefully with a trim removal tool...

With the sunroof open (or as open as it will go) pull down hard on the front edge of the sunroof headliner. There are four "snaps" that hold this in. Then from the top of the car slide the liner out...
Good luck, Marty