E-320 4-Matic shifting question

From years of driving lesser cars I developed the habit of shifting in to Reverse from Drive without stopping. When I do it now there's a hard lurch. How much abuse can the E-320's tranny take? Sounds like it may
be an expensive habit.
Thanks, James
You're learning.
Keep trying and let us know, I would like to know how much abuse it will take too! Keep that up though, and I guarantee you will find out that and how expensive it can be to fix an MB tranny.
Just to replace the shifter seal in my C230 cost nearly $300 a few years ago.
Davehd

Dave HD wrote:

I know from when I purchased this 2002 E-320 and they tried to sell me extended service: $5,400. For the engine: $6,000+. I'm starting to think I should have taken it. ;-)

Very expensive repair that you wished you traded it in the car the moment it acts "normal".