E-320 brake wear recall?

I read the threads regarding the 02' and newer E-class brake recall, but had heard of a recall of earlier E-class cars (US) for excessive brake pad wear.
I've looked at MBUSA.com and can only find sales info.
Can anybody point me to a source to verify this recall. as the local dealer claims to know nothing of it? In this case, it's an 00' E-320 sedan, obviously before the brake-by-wire system.
Thanks, Hunt
I checked with NHTSA... so recall for any E-Class for '02
@hotmail.com says...

Thanks Tiger. I guess that the wife heard/read about the "electronic brake" recall on later E-class cars, and got excited.
Hunt