E Class SRS light.

The SRS light has lit up a couple months ago and workshop computer says its the passenger seat sensor at fault. Its a very common fault I understand. How can Mercedes have installed
such an unreliable sensor device??
Can I over-ride this silly warning, such that ALL airbags are active again. I am never going to fit baby seat.
Why did Merc not use a switch, and a warning light indication?
Thanks.