E220 92 Problems starting in the morinig

Fuel injected engines have a "cold start" system. Basically, there's a temperature switch: ON when cold, OFF when warm, a relay or similar that is ON longer as the temperature falls and finally an electric valve that sprays a bit of fuel into the cold engine and so enriches the air / fuel ratio for cold starts. The valve is ON only for a matter of seconds -- just to get the motor going.

One of these parts is either disconnected or has quit.

That's what's wrong with your car.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

I have been driving this car for 6 years without much problem..

Sudenly one fine moring it refused to start..

Only after 15 key turns it started with a splutterd and the smoothen out .. For the whole day it needs 3 - 4 kicks to start.

Now it has been like this every morning.

I have chaged the spark plugs, distributor wire, distributor cap and rotor. Send for timing and CO tuning.

Wonder whats wrong with it?

Reply to
Steve Leon

That diagnosis, sir, is amazing if you took it off the top of your head.

Reply to
SW