E240 How do I remove front door inside panel

My door speaker needs replacing on my 1999 E240. The door inside panel requires to be removed. After removing the screw under the grab handle, door lock sub panel and popping the door panel sides out I cannot see how to get the top of the panel off.

Additionally I don't want the side airbag to fire!

Can anyone help with this and maybe also give me a part number for the speaker

Beemer

Reply to
Beemer

  1. Remove the SRS-airbag label by pulling it out
  2. Remove the plastic that surrounds the inside door-handle by pulling out
  3. Remove screw under door handle
  4. Remove "step-out" light under the door, pull out and remove wires
  5. Start popping out the doorpanel about where the locking mechanism is
  6. Continue popping out panel close to the mirror, then center of door (use tool to bend panel upwards)
  7. Now the panel is loose but you will have to disconnect the hook for the dooropener
  8. Remove doorpanel

Don worry, its attached to the door, it wont go off.

If you need more help, I have a video of the procedure... email me at

news dot thomas at netcom dot no

Reply to
thomas

Thomas,

Thanks. I assume that a point 6 I will be looking to release a pop- out which is located at the top center of the door panel maybe somewhere near the glass?

Does the panel have to be "lifted off" the door lock button?

Beemer

Reply to
Beemer

Yes, there is one popout at the top center and one top forward, both pretty close to the glass.

Yes.

Reply to
thomas