E240 Stuck in gear!!!

hi, i have just purchased a 1998 E240 estate, driving back from work it has now decieded to not change up from first gear (understand this is limp home mode) i bought this car as it had the following work done, overhaul autobox assembly £1581.00, exchange torque convertor £200.00, all this was carried out 3/2/2007 and has now developed this fault 5 days after the warranty has run out, can anybody help me with some info, dont want to just take it to a garage and they end up charging me the earth :(

Reply to
southsparks